Thanks to my change of servers, I’m now able to run SpamAssassin on my DianaHsieh.com mail. After a bit of testing, I decided to allow it to delete the spam from the server, rather than just marking it as such. The results are fantastic. Instead of well over over 200 spam e-mails per day, I got just over 200 over the course of seven days. (Much of that was from my Colorado.edu address, actually.) The vast majority of the remaining spam is caught by my collaborative filtering “Cloudmark” spam filter for Outlook.
That makes dealing with my mail, particularly downloading it on a slow connection or in a hurry and viewing it on the web, just so much easier.