I recently asked my fellow NoodleFoodlers to send me a few of their best posts from 2008, as a way of highlighting the best we’ve offered this year. Here’s what they submitted. Please feel free to nominate your own favorite NoodleFood posts of 2008 in the comments!
- The Great Over-Vs.-Under Debate: July 2008
- The Coming Merger of Religion and Environmentalism: July 2008
- How the GOP Lost My Vote: November 2008
- Asking For Trouble In Health Care: December 2008
- Why the New Atheists Can’t Even Beat D’Souza: The Best and Worst in Human History: May 2008
- Why the New Atheists Can’t Even Beat D’Souza: Science vs. Miracles: May 2008
- Why the New Atheists Can’t Even Beat D’Souza: The Gap in Religious Thought: June 2008
- Why the New Atheists Can’t Even Beat D’Souza: Morality and Life: June 2008
- Principled Punishment and the Death Penalty
- Turning Off the Lights of the World: May 2008
- The Psychological Pyramid Scheme of Altruism: July 2008
- The Preciousness of a Finite Existence : August 2008
- The Power of the Fourth Branch of Government: October 2008
- We Are All Venezuelans: October 2008
- Epiphenomenalist Nonsense: September 2008: A succinct refutation of the epiphenomenalist position in philosophy.
- Getting Rand Wrong: October 2008
And last but not least, me:
- Three Cheers for Marrying Whoever You Damn Well Please!: May 2008: A defense of gay marriage.
- Objectivist Party?: July 2008: An unexpectedly useful post on the wrongheaded libertarian mess known as the “Objectivist Party.”
- Jury Nullification: August 2008: An exploration of the legitimacy of jury nullification.
- Amendment 48 Is Anti-Life: August 2008: The announcement of the release of Ari Armstrong’s and my paper Amendment 48 Is Anti-Life: Why It Matters That a Fertilized Egg Is Not a Person.
- The New Diet and What I Eat: September and October 2008: Two posts summarizing my human-appropriate diet.
I want to heartily thank all of my fellow NoodleFoodlers for their excellent contributions to this blog over the past year. NoodleFood is a far better blog for those posts, and they are very, very much appreciated. I’d also like to thank the many knowledgeable, insightful, and amusing folks who post to the comments.
Three cheers for the NoodleFoodlers! Three cheers for the NoodleFoodleDoodlers!
And most of all: Happy New Year!