On Wednesday’s episode of Philosophy in Action Radio, I interviewed documentary producer Chris Mortensen about “Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged.” The podcast of that episode is now available for streaming or downloading.
Remember, you can automatically download podcasts of Philosophy in Action Radio by subscribing to Philosophy in Action’s Podcast RSS Feed:
- Enhanced M4A Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
- Standard MP3 Feed: Subscribe via iTunes or another podcast player
Chris Mortenson directed the excellent documentary, Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged. How did that project get started? What was required to make it a reality? How was it received? What’s next?
If you haven’t yet seen the documentary… don’t delay! It’s available on NetFlix (streaming and DVD) and Amazon (streaming and DVD). If you enjoy the documentary, be sure to pick up the new book with the full text of the interviews, including much material that wasn’t included in the documentary. That’s available in paperback or for kindle.
Chris Mortensen is an award winning writer, producer and director has in the last fifteen years produced more than 100 hours of documentary and reality programming. His programs have appeared on History Channel, A&E, Discovery, TLC, BET, VH-1, TV-One, Lifetime Network, Fox Sports, ESPN, Travel Channel, Versus. GSN, TNN, Spike, and more. His latest project is “Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged,” a feature length documentary film that examines the resurging interest in Ayn Rand’s epic and controversial 1957 novel and the validity of its dire prediction for America.
Listen or Download:
- Duration: 1:01:41
- Download: Standard MP3 File (21.2 MB)
- Tags: Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand, Film, Literature, Objectivism
- Chris Mortensen’s introduction to Ayn Rand and Atlas Shrugged
- Documentary projects before Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged
- The theme of the documentary
- Creating the documentary
- How the documentary came about
- Interviews for the documentary with Objectivist intellectuals
- The documentary as fact-focused
- Interviews for the documentary with businesspeople
- Stories of and about Al Ruddy
- Current politics in the documentary
- The response to the documentary
- The value of Atlas Shrugged
- If the documentary were made now…
- The book of full interviews
- America’s future
- Chris Mortensen’s Web Site
- Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged: Via NetFlix (streaming and DVD) and Amazon (streaming and DVD)
- Ayn Rand and the Prophecy of Atlas Shrugged: The Complete Documentary Interviews: Paperback or Kindle
- Explore Atlas Shrugged by Diana Hsieh
The mission of Philosophy in Action is to spread rational principles for real life… far and wide. That’s why the vast majority of my work is available to anyone, free of charge. I love doing the radio show, but each episode requires an investment of time, effort, and money to produce. So if you enjoy and value that work of mine, please contribute to the tip jar. I suggest $5 per episode or $20 per month, but any amount is appreciated. In return, contributors can request that I answer questions from the queue pronto, and regular contributors enjoy free access to premium content and other goodies.
About Philosophy in Action Radio
Philosophy in Action Radio focuses on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life. It broadcasts live on most Sunday mornings and many Thursday evenings over the internet. For information on upcoming shows, visit the Episodes on Tap. For podcasts of past shows, visit the Show Archives.